Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your supply teaching essentials?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your supply teaching essentials?

What's in your supply survival kit? What's your essential toolkit for a day working on supply? We'd love to know!

https://blog.realiseme.com/blog/supply-teaching-tools/
    Last edited by RealiseMeBlog; 03-16-2018, 01:12 PM.

Some good tips in the article- I've recently started working on supply and my first few weeks have been pretty tough but I'm getting the hang of it. Interested to hear what other supply teachers bring to school to survive the day, besides a strong cup of coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Wilson View Post
      Some good tips in the article- I've recently started working on supply and my first few weeks have been pretty tough but I'm getting the hang of it. Interested to hear what other supply teachers bring to school to survive the day, besides a strong cup of coffee!
      Hi Sam, it really depends on you- every supply teacher will have their own style and their own way of doing things. I used to bring lots of back-up worksheets and things but I don't bother anymore as you don't really need them. Whiteboard pens is a good call, I think the teachers must hide them!

Comment

I worked in supply teaching for a short time before I got a full-time post and it was hard-going but it gave me tons of experience. I personally didn't bring anything with me, except lunch. It's the school's responsibility to provide any classroom resources, including a lesson plan. The best preparation you can make is getting a good night's sleep the night before.

Comment

Dale Gregory I second that- taking care of yourself and getting enough sleep is better preparation than any amount of worksheets! The article has it right- your care is essential as supply work is so exhausting.

Comment

Judy Lo Dale Gregory Thanks, it's good to know that I don't need to bring lots of supplies and just focus on the essentials. It has definitely been exhausting but I'm getting better as each week goes by.

Comment

Working...
            X